1. No organic option (although maybe the co-op would have that now)
2. I knew it couldn't be that hard to make myself.
After a quick search, I found one of my new favorite websites, http://kitchensimplicity.com/
The website's writer seems very similar to me, in that she really enjoys making things from scratch, and keeping things both interesting and healthy. I quickly whipped up a batch of her Homemade Baking Mix, which took me about 2 minutes. Recipe can be found here: http://kitchensimplicity.com/homemade-bisquick-mix/
The cheeseburger pie (or "meat pie", as Scott and I ended up calling it), turned out amazing, but I've since used the Homemade Baking Mix for many other things since then, including some amazing pancakes and cheddar, basil and dill biscuits. The nice thing is that I can quickly whip up 4 or 6 biscuits in record time for dinner, and pancakes are a total breeze. Plus, the pancakes are amazing, second only to my dad's pancakes.
| Blueberry and raspberry pancakes with flax meal |
Also, I have started using ground flax meal mixed with water as an egg substitute in these pancakes, and rice or coconut milk instead of regular milk, and they still turn out amazing. A quick and delicious vegan breakfast!
No comments:
Post a Comment